What do I wear To A portrait session? Can I bring props?
Definitely bring props if you have some! You want your photos to show who you are, and there's no better way to do that than with some of your favorite things. You want to bring clothes that express you and your unique personality! That being said, there are some general rules you should follow:
- Try to avoid baggy clothing, it tends to make you appear larger in photographs!
- If your session includes outfit changes, bring a combination of clothing; just make sure they are all wrinkle free and ready to go when you arrive!
- Patterns are always fun, and textured clothing works extremely well in photographs! Have fun with it! White/black dresses make for classy photographs, but don't be afraid to have a little fun when picking out your outfits!
- If you're taking group/couple photos, don't go full on matchy matchy. Instead, try to work with accent colors or different shades of the same color.
- Above all, make sure you feel comfortable in the clothes you bring and that they express who YOU are!
Do you travel to different locations?
Absolutely! I have a few ideal photo spots of my own, but if you have one closer and more convenient to you then definitely let me know. If you're interested in destination wedding photography, or if you just want me to travel a couple of hours to take your photos, I would be happy to talk with you about making this happen!
How long will it take to get my pictures? How will you give them to me?
Editing typically takes around 1 or 2 weeks once you have chosen your images, and I will give you all of your images via Pixieset. Portrait sessions receive between 15-30 photos, and events & weddings receive anywhere between 500-600 photos depending on session time.
Do you do prints? Will I get a print release form?
Yes! I can do professional printing and have access to high quality photo paper, ink, and printers. Cost varies depending on what size and type of photographs you would like. I can also create custom photo books for an additional charge as well! If you want to print your own pictures, I will give you a print release form at no extra cost.
Will you post our pictures online?
With your permission, of course! I love to make blogs about my experience with my clients. In addition there will be a page where you can view all your photographs, I'll give you the link and you can share your photos with all your friends and family!